Christ Church at River’s Edge (CCARE) is conservative, reformed church committed to the glory of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. We affirm the Bible as the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
We solemnly covenant to endeavor to be “A Christ Centered – Gospel Driven – Spirit Filled Church equipping every member as a “Minister and a “Missionary” to reach our community and the world for Christ.”
Jesus Christ, upon whose shoulders the government rests, whose name is called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace; of the increase of whose government and peace there shall be no end; who sits upon the throne of David, and upon His kingdom to order it and to establish it with judgment and justice from henceforth, even forever (Isaiah 9:6-7); having all power given unto Him in heaven and in earth by the Father, who raised Him from the dead and set Him at His own right hand, far above all principality and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come, and has put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the Head over all things to the Church, which is His body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all (Ephesians 1:20-23); He, being ascended up far above all heavens, that He might fill all things, received gifts for His Church, and gave all offices necessary for the edification of His Church and the perfecting of His saints (Ephesians 4:10-13).
As the church of Jesus Christ within the PCA (Presbyterian Church in America), Christ Church at River’s Edge (CCARE) affirms certain values of the PCA:
- The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who are to be equally loved, honored, and adored.
- All mankind participated in Adam’s fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin and totally helpless.
- The Sovereign God, for no other reason than His own unfathomable love and mercy, has chosen lost sinners from every nation to be redeemed by the quickening power of the Holy Spirit and through the atoning death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ.
- Those sinners whom the Spirit quickens come to believe in Christ as Savior by the Word of God, are born again, become sons of God, and will persevere to the end.
- Justification is by faith, and through it the undeserving sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
- The goal of God’s salvation in the life of the Christian is holiness, good works, and service for the glory of God.
- At death the Christian’s soul passes immediately into the presence of God, and the unbeliever’s soul is eternally separated from God unto condemnation.
- Baptism is a sign of God’s covenant and is properly administered to children of believers in their infancy, as well as to those who come as adults to trust in Christ.
- Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at a time when He is not expected, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Gospel of God’s salvation in Jesus Christ must be published to all the world as a witness before Jesus Christ returns.
Scripture is God’s inerrant Word, relevant for all of life. God’s Word establishes the principles for all we do. God’s Word reveals the nature of the covenants He establishes with humanity. God’s Word is the source of all we teach and affirm.
We are called to authentic, covenant relationships with both Jesus Christ and those who are part of CCARE’s transforming community. A relationship with God through Christ is the basis for wholeness in all other relationships. Relationships with one another that provide community and accountability are meant to build the church and each other.
We accept and engage people where they are with grace and truth, as a loving witness to Christ. Every person is made in the image of God and thus has eternal value. But due to the reality of our universal brokenness, he or she needs the restoration found only in the Gospel. The Gospel has the power to transform each of us into what God intends us to become.
We desire to be helping neighbors to people in need, beginning with those around Belmont. We are called to willing, sacrificial service and giving to the needs of others because of Christ’s mercy to us. We aim to meet the needs of hurting, downtrodden or forgotten people through word and deed ministry.
Our dependence upon God is demonstrated by personal and corporate prayer and worship. All of life is to be lived in worship to God. We also are called to special times of corporate worship on the Lord’s Day. Every ministry should be established and continued with prayer.
Building people is more important than building the program. We are dedicated to developing every believer as a minister and missionary led by the Holy Spirit to follow Jesus. Many of these followers of Jesus will be developed as servant-leaders who will develop others.
We have a wide view of the Kingdom of God in all of its diversity. We maintain an outward focus on building the kingdom, not just our church or denomination. We are called to engage our culture to work for reconciliation and the advance of the Kingdom of God. We will work to fulfill the Great Commission by prioritizing church planting in various cultures and ethnic groups. We recognize that encouraging and assisting the work of the Gospel worldwide is a part of our responsibility.
Christ Church at River’s Edge (CCARE) is a church in fellowship with the PCA (Presbyterian Church in America).
The Constitution of the Presbyterian Church in America, which is subject to and subordinate to the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, the inerrant Word Of God, consists of its doctrinal standards set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith, together with the Larger and Shorter Catechisms, and the Book of Church Order, comprising the Form of Government, the Rules of Discipline and the Directory for Worship; all as adopted by the Church.
• Our Vision
To renew our community by the expression of our love for God and our love for our neighbor.
• Our Purpose
To reach and enable people, by the Word of God, to live in joyous community with others by the life-changing power of the Gospel in Biblical Community
• Our Strategy
To invite people to COMMUNION with God.
To invite people to COMMUNITY with one another.
To invite people to COMPASSION in our community.
• Our Goal
To bring the reality of Christ, from a Biblical perspective, to become a vital part our hearts and lives so that we experience and express: COMMUNION – COMMUNITY – COMPASSION
• Our Scripture Mandate
“There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High.” (Psalm 46:4)
Ray Krontorad – Teaching Elder / Senior Pastor
Mike Baucom – Ruling Elder
Dan Stinson – Ruling Elder
Scott Traywick – Ruling Elder